6314 Customer and information services supervisors
End of Quick search
Lead statementSupervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Customer Service Representatives – Financial Institutions (6551) and Other Customer and Information Services Representatives (6552). They are employed by banks, trust companies, credit unions and similar financial institutions, retail establishments, contact centres, insurance, telephone and utility companies and other establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
- contact centre supervisor
- current accounts supervisor
- customer service representatives supervisor – financial services
- customer service supervisor (except financial services)
- information clerks supervisor
- supervisor, call centre agents
- Supervisors in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: providing information and customer service; and serving customers in banks, trust companies and other financial institutions
- Examine and verify accuracy of work and authorize routine deposits and withdrawals
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Identify training needs and train workers in job duties and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- Experience in the occupation supervised is required.
- Completion of college or industry courses related to bookkeeping and customer services may be required.
- Banking, credit and other investment managers
- Other business services managers
- Retail and wholesale trade managers
- Retail sales supervisors
- Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers