6235 Financial sales representatives
End of Quick search
Lead statementFinancial sales representatives sell basic deposit, investment and loan products and services to individuals and businesses. They work in banks, credit unions, trust companies and similar financial institutions.
- credit officer
- financial services officer
- sales associate – personal banking
- financial services representative
- loan officer
- mortgage officer
- Completion of secondary school and extensive general banking experience is usually required.
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma related to commerce or economics may be required.
- A mutual funds licence is usually required.
- Registration with the securities regulatory authority in the province or territory of employment is usually required.
- Completion of a loan or credit training program, ranging from six to twelve months, is usually required.
- Various training programs and courses are offered by the Institute of Canadian Bankers and may be required by employers.
- Financial services officers who sell regulated financial products and investments are required to be licensed by the appropriate governing body.
- Progression to higher levels of financial planning and wealth management is possible with experience.
- Progression to credit and loan management positions is possible with experience.
- Credit and loan managers
01220122 Banking, credit and other investment managers)
- Customer services representatives - financial institutions
- Banking, insurance and other financial clerks
- Other financial officers