6232 Real estate agents and salespersons
End of Quick search
Lead statementReal estate agents and salespersons act as agents for the sale or purchase of houses, apartments, commercial buildings, land and other real estate and are employed in the real estate industry.
- commercial real estate agent
- real estate agent
- real estate sales representative
- residential real estate agent
- supervisor, real estate agents
- Real estate agents and salespersons perform some or all of the following duties:
- Solicit property sales listings from prospective vendors
- Assist vendors in selling property by establishing asking price, advertising the property, listing the property with listing services and conducting open houses for prospective buyers
- Assist prospective buyers in selecting, visiting, inspecting and making offers of purchase on real estate properties
- Advise clients on market conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements and related matters
- Draw up sales agreements for approval of purchaser and seller
- May rent or lease properties on behalf of clients.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a real estate training course is required.
- Provincial or territorial licensure in the province or territory of employment is required.
- Real estate agents and salespersons normally work on a commission basis.
- Real estate agents may operate independently by obtaining a broker's licence in accordance with the regulations of the province of employment. A broker's licence is required to become a manager in real estate.
- Assessors, valuators and appraisers
- Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers
- Mortgage brokers
11141114 Other financial officers)
- Rental agents
12241224 Property administrators)
- Right-of-way agents
12251225 Purchasing agents and officers)