6221 Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade
End of Quick search
Lead statementTechnical sales specialists, wholesale trade, sell a range of technical goods and services, such as scientific, agricultural and industrial products, electricity, telecommunications services and computer services, to governments and to commercial and industrial establishments in domestic and international localities. They are employed by establishments that produce or provide technical goods and services, such as pharmaceutical companies, industrial equipment manufacturing companies, grain elevators, computer services firms, engineering firms and hydroelectric companies, or they may be self-employed technical sales specialists/agents who contract their services to other companies. Technical sales specialists who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
- grain elevator district manager
- electricity sales representative
- heavy equipment sales representative
- industrial supplies sales representative
- medical instruments sales agent
- technical sales supervisor
- sales engineer – technical support
- communication equipment sales representative
- software sales representative
- construction equipment sales representative
- technical sales representative
- technical support specialist – wholesale trade
- aircraft sales representative
- grain elevator operator
- sales engineer
- A university degree or college diploma in a program related to the product or service is usually required.
- Experience in sales or in a technical occupation related to the product or service may be required.
- Fluency in a specific foreign language, and/or foreign work or travel experience may be required for technical sales specialists seeking employment with companies that import or export technical goods or services.
- Technical sales supervisors require experience as a technical sales specialist.
- A driver's licence and a good driving record may be required.
- Extensive company training programs for technical sales specialists may be provided by employers.
- Progression to sales management positions is possible with additional training or experience.
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- Retail salespersons
- Sales and account representatives - wholesale trade (non-technical)