6211 Retail sales supervisors
End of Quick search
Lead statementRetail sales supervisors supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Retail salespersons (6421), Cashiers (6611), Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers (6622) and Other sales related occupations (6623). They are employed by stores and other retail businesses, wholesale businesses that sell on a retail basis to the public, rental service establishments and businesses involved in door-to-door soliciting and telemarketing.
- telemarketing supervisor
- head cashier
- department store supervisor
- retail sales route supervisor
- produce department supervisor
- rental service supervisor
- liquor store supervisor
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Previous retail sales experience as a retail salesperson or sales clerk, cashier, telemarketer, door-to-door salesperson or rental agent is usually required.
- Progression to management positions in retail trade is possible with additional training or experience.
- Retail and wholesale trade managers
- Service supervisors
- Supervisors of technical salespersons
62216221 Technical sales specialists - wholesale trade)