5132 Conductors, composers and arrangers
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes those who conduct bands and orchestras, compose musical works and arrange instrumental and vocal compositions. They are employed by symphony and chamber orchestras, bands, choirs, sound recording companies, and orchestras for ballet and opera performances, or they may be self-employed.
- choir director
- music adapter
- A university degree in music or completion of a program at a music academy, conservatory or school of music is usually required.
- A period of specialized study related to conducting, composing or arranging is usually required.
- Experience as a musician is required.
- Musical and creative talent and ability, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work, are important hiring criteria.
- Composers often work as arrangers.
- Musicians and singers
- Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations