5244 Artisans and craftspersons
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes those who use manual and artistic skills to design and make ornamental objects, pottery, stained glass, jewellery, rugs, blankets, other handicrafts and artistic floral arrangements. Makers of musical instruments are also included in this unit group. Most craftspersons are self-employed. Artistic floral arrangers are usually employed in florist shops and floral departments of retail establishments, or may be self-employed. Craft instructors are also included in this unit group and are employed by artisan guilds, colleges, private studios and recreational organizations.
- metal arts worker
- screen printing artisan
- glass blower
- leather worker
- stringed instrument maker
- artistic floral arranger
- stained glass artist
- totem pole carver
- craft instructor (except education)
- weaver – arts and crafts
- lace weaver – arts and crafts
- Skills are often learned through apprenticeship with a master craftsperson.
- Training programs are offered by artisan guilds, colleges and private studios.
- Creative ability and talent, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work, and knowledge of safe handling of material, tools and equipment are required.
- A college diploma in fine craft techniques may be required.
- Fabric-making occupations in manufacturing
94429442 Weavers, knitters and other fabric making occupations)
- Jewellers, jewellery and watch repairers and related occupations
- Painters, sculptors and other visual artists