5232 Other performers, n.e.c.
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes circus performers, magicians, models, puppeteers and other performers not elsewhere classified. They are employed by circuses, nightclubs, and theatre, advertising and other production companies, or they may be self-employed.
- fashion model
- circus performer
- deejay (DJ) – turntablist
- Circus performers and acrobats may require a period of study at a circus school.
- Completion of modelling courses is usually required for models.
- Training for other occupations in this unit group is often obtained under the guidance of a practitioner.
- Talent and ability, as demonstrated during an audition, are important hiring criteria.
- Membership in a guild or union related to the occupation or type or performance may be required.
- There is little mobility between the different occupations in this unit group.
- Actors and comedians
- Musicians and singers