End of Quick search
Lead statementPhotographers operate still cameras to photograph people, events, scenes, materials, products and other subjects. Photographers are employed by photographic studios, newspapers, magazines, museums and government, or they may be self-employed.
- portrait photographer
- scientific photographer
- aerial photographer
- forensic photographer
- industrial photographer
- commercial photographer
- police photographer
- multimedia picture illustrator
- A bachelor's degree in visual arts with specialization in photography
or Completion of specialized training in photography in high school, college or specialized training schools
or Extensive on-the-job training under the supervision of a photographer is required.
- Experience in, or knowledge of computerized photography or digital imaging may be required.
- Creative and technical ability, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work, are required.
- Film and video camera operators