5133 Musicians and singers
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes musicians, singers and teachers of vocal and instrumental music. Musicians and singers perform with orchestras, choirs, opera companies and popular bands in establishments such as concert halls, lounges and theatres and in film, television and recording studios. Music teachers teach in conservatories, academies and private homes.
- church organist
- guitar player
- opera singer
- music teacher – musicians
- recording artist
- rock singer
- Musical training from a university or college or through private instruction is usually required.
- Members of orchestras and other professional classical musicians and singers usually require a university degree in music.
- Musical talent and ability, as demonstrated during an audition, are important hiring criteria.
- Membership in a guild or union related to the occupation or type of performance may be required.
- Conductors, composers and arrangers
- Elementary school music teachers
40324032 Elementary school and kindergarten teachers)
- Professors of music
40114011 University professors and lecturers)
- Secondary school music teachers
40314031 Secondary school teachers)