5121 Authors and writers
End of Quick search
Lead statementAuthors and writers plan, research and write books, scripts, storyboards, plays, essays, speeches, manuals, specifications and other non-journalistic articles for publication or presentation. They are employed by advertising agencies, governments, large corporations, private consulting firms, publishing firms, multimedia/new-media companies and other establishments, or they may be self-employed.
- scientific writer
- medical writer
- specifications writer
- speech writer
- technical writer
- interactive media writer
- advertising copywriter
- literary writer
- script writer
- Technical writers usually require a university degree in the area of specialization, such as computer science or engineering.
- Copywriters usually require a university degree or college diploma in French, English, marketing, advertising or another discipline.
- Creative writing programs are offered by universities and colleges.
- Talent and ability, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work, are important hiring criteria.
- Membership in a guild or union related to the occupation may be required.
- Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
- Song writers
51325132 Conductors, composers and arrangers)
- Translators, terminologists and interpreters