5112 Conservators and curators
End of Quick search
Lead statementConservators restore and conserve artifacts belonging to museums, galleries and owners of cultural property. Curators recommend the acquisition of museum artifacts and gallery works of art and research their artistic history. Conservators and curators are employed in museums, art galleries and universities. Conservators may be self-employed.
- conservator – art objects
- art gallery conservator
- historical artifact conservator
- natural history museum curator
- conservator – museum
- Conservators require a master's degree in art conservation
or Completion of a three-year college program in conservation technology and several years of experience in conservation work.
- Curators require a master's or bachelor's degree in museology, art history or a field related to their specific area of work.
- Progression to museum or art gallery management positions is possible with experience.
- Curatorial assistants
52125212 Technical occupations related to museums and art galleries)
- Museum designers
52435243 Theatre, fashion, exhibit and other creative designers)
- Museum educators
11231123 Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations)
- Restaurateurs in food services
06310631 Restaurant and food service managers)