4412 Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations
End of Quick search
Lead statementHome support workers provide personal care and companionship for seniors, persons with disabilities and convalescent clients. Care is provided within the client's residence, in which the home support worker may also reside. They are employed by home care and support agencies, private households, or they may be self-employed. Housekeepers perform housekeeping and other home management duties in private households and other non-institutional, residential settings.
- attendant for persons with disabilities – home care
- family caregiver
- live-in caregiver – seniors
- respite worker – home support
- home support worker
- personal care attendant – home care
- personal aide – home support
- home visitor – infant care
- Some secondary school education is usually required.
- Home management experience may be required.
- College or other courses in home support may be required.
- First aid certification may be required.
- Completion of a training program in care of the elderly, care of persons with disabilities, convalescent care or in a related field may be required.
- There is mobility among the occupations in this group.
- Home child care providers