4313 Non-commissioned ranks of the Canadian Forces
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group consists of Canadian Forces personnel who are non-commissioned officers (NCOs) or members of other non-commissioned ranks. They provide collective defence measures to protect Canadian waters, land, airspace and other interests. All ranks of non-commissioned officers and members in the air force, army, and navy are included in this unit group.
- able seaman – armed forces
- chief warrant officer
- master corporal
- master seaman
- ordinary seaman – armed forces
- petty officer first class
- Personnel in non-commissioned ranks of the Canadian Forces perform some or all of the following duties:
- Operate armoured vehicles, artillery, hand-held weapons and other military combat equipment and defence systems
- Conduct peacekeeping operations and enforce cease-fire agreements
- Engage in non-combat operations for humanitarian efforts
- Provide assistance in emergency situations, such as civil disorder, natural disasters and major accidents
- Participate in drills and other training in preparation for peacekeeping, combat and natural disaster relief duties
- Perform administrative and guard duties.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Three months of basic military training are provided.
- Specialized training in the operation and maintenance of military equipment and systems is provided.
- Progression to commissioned officer occupations is possible with additional training and experience.
- Commissioned officers of the Canadian Forces