4168 Program officers unique to government
End of Quick search
Lead statementProgram officers in this unit group are primarily concerned with the administration and operation of government institutions, such as Parliament, and activities unique to the operations of government, such as international relations, federal-provincial affairs, elections and tribunals.
- tribunal officer
- federal-provincial relations officer
- office of the Speaker officer
- standing or select committee officer
- returning officer
- elections officer
- foreign service officer
- royal commission officer
- intergovernmental affairs officer
- protocol officer
- A bachelor's degree is usually required.
- A master's degree may be required.
- Several years of experience as a researcher, consultant or program administrator may be required.
- Foreign service officers are accepted on the basis of competitive examination.
- Administrative officers
- Court officers and justices of the peace
- Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts
- Employment insurance, immigration, border services and revenue officers
- Executive assistants
- Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers