4167 Recreation, sports and fitness policy researchers, consultants and program officers
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes those who oversee and administer recreation, sports and fitness programs and activities, provide consulting services, conduct research and develop programs and policies related to recreation, sports and physical fitness. They are employed by federal, provincial and municipal governments, recreation, sports, fitness and health care facilities, retirement homes, community centres, sports and fitness consulting firms and organizations, or they may be self-employed.
- fitness policy analyst
- sports analyst
- sports and recreation consultant
- sports consultant
- recreation consultant
- sports policy analyst
- sports program supervisor
- fitness co-ordinator
- fitness consultant
- A university degree in recreation administration, sports administration, physical education, kinesiology or related discipline combined with some work experience in a related field
or a college diploma in a recreation, sports or fitness program combined with some experience in a related field is required.
- Recreation, sports and fitness program supervisors require experience as program leaders or instructors in recreation, sports and fitness. Certification in program specialization, such as fitness or lifesaving, may also be required.
- Mobility among recreation, sports and fitness consultants may be restricted within individual area of expertise.
- Recreation, sports and fitness program supervisors may progress to recreation, sports and fitness management positions with experience.
- Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness
- Recreation, sports and fitness program and service directors