4166 Education policy researchers, consultants and program officers
End of Quick search
Lead statementEducation policy researchers, consultants and program officers conduct research, produce reports and administer elementary, secondary and post-secondary education policies and programs. They are employed by government departments, school boards, research institutes, professional associations and educational and other organizations throughout the public and private sectors, or they may be self-employed.
- education consultant
- curriculum developer
- education policy officer
- education program co-ordinator
- education policy supervisor
- education researcher
- education outreach program co-ordinator
- curriculum planner
- special education co-ordinator
- education program officer
- language assessor
- school inspector
- A bachelor's degree in education or in a discipline such as social science or business administration is required.
- A master's degree in education may be required.
- Specialized training or certification may be required.
- Several years of experience as a school teacher are usually required.
- A teacher's certificate for the province of employment is usually required when employed by provincial education ministries.
- Progression to managerial positions is possible with experience.
- College and other vocational instructors
- Educational counsellors
- Elementary school and kindergarten teachers
- Government managers - education policy development and program administration
- Psychology assistants (except university)
41644164 Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers)
- Secondary school teachers