4165 Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers
End of Quick search
Lead statementHealth policy researchers, consultants and program officers conduct research, produce reports and administer health care policies and programs. They are employed by government departments and agencies, consulting establishments, universities, research institutes, hospitals, community agencies, educational institutions, professional associations, non-governmental organizations and international organizations.
- health care planner
- health promotion program officer
- health services researcher
- policy development officer – nursing homes
- mental health programs consultant
- drug and alcohol abuse consultant
- health care consultant
- health policy research analyst
- child health care programs planning officer
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in health science, public administration, recreation administration or hospital administration, or a bachelor's degree in social science, is required.
- A graduate degree in health, social science or an administrative discipline may be required.
- Several years of experience in the health field as a health care professional or as a community or social service worker are usually required.
- Progression to managerial positions is possible with experience.
- Education policy researchers, consultants and program officers
- Government managers - health and social policy development and program administration
- Managers in health care
- Social and community service workers
- Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers