4163 Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants
End of Quick search
Lead statementBusiness development officers and marketing researchers and consultants conduct research, formulate policies and manage programs to stimulate industrial and commercial business investment or tourism in urban and rural areas, or to promote commercial or industrial products and services. They are employed by government departments, international organizations, marketing firms and business associations or may be self-employed.
- market researcher
- regional development analyst
- marketing analyst
- community economic development consultant
- marketing consultant – market research
- business development officer
- economic development officer
- industrial development officer
- tourism industry consultant
- tourism development officer
- economic research officer
- economic forecaster
- A bachelor's degree in economics, commerce, business administration or public administration is required.
- Certification as a certified economic developer (Ec.D.) may be required.
- Certification as a Certified Marketing Research Professional (CMRP) may be required.
- Progression to managerial positions is possible with experience.
- Economic development managers
04120412 Government managers - economic analysis, policy development and program administration)
- Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts
- Financial and investment analysts
- International development or aid officers
41644164 Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers)
- Marketing managers
01240124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers)
- Other financial officers
- Urban and land use planners