4021 College and other vocational instructors
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes instructors who teach applied arts, academic, technical and vocational subjects to students at community colleges, CEGEPs, agricultural colleges, technical and vocational institutes, language schools and other college level schools. This unit group also includes trainers who are employed by private training establishments, companies, community agencies and governments to deliver internal training or development courses. College teachers who are heads of departments are included in this group.
- vocational institute teacher
- lecturer – college
- community college teacher
- instructor – technology institute
- legal assistant program teacher
- department head – CEGEP
- department chairperson – college
- CEGEP teacher
- college teacher
- computer training instructor
- training officer – company
- commercial art instructor
- company trainer
- firefighting instructor
- teacher – institute of technology
- language school instructor
- A bachelor's degree, a college diploma or demonstrated expertise in the field of instruction is required.
- A master's degree in the field of instruction may be required.
- A certificate, diploma or degree in adult education may be required.
- For instructors of trades, completion of apprenticeship training and industry or trade certification are required. Additional courses in teaching or a provincial teaching certificate may be required.
- Progression to administrative positions in post-secondary education is possible with experience.
- Administrators - post-secondary education and vocational training
- Instructors teaching non-academic or non-vocational courses
42164216 Other instructors)
- Secondary school teachers
- University professors and lecturers