3233 Licensed practical nurses
End of Quick search
Lead statementLicensed practical nurses provide nursing care usually under the direction of medical practitioners, registered nurses or other health team members. Operating room technicians prepare patients and provide assistance to medical practitioners prior to and during surgery. Licensed practical nurses are employed in hospitals, nursing homes, extended care facilities, rehabilitation centres, doctors' offices, clinics, companies, private homes and community health centres. Operating room technicians are employed in hospitals.
- operating room technician
- graduate nursing assistant
- registered nursing assistant (R.N.A.)
- licensed practical nurse (L.P.N.)
- Completion of a vocational, college or other approved program for licensed practical nurses is required.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required in all provinces and territories.
- Completion of a registration examination is required in all provinces and territories.
- Operating room technicians require additional academic training in operating room techniques.
- Working under the direction of a medical practitioner or registered nurse is not required for licensed practical nurses in all jurisdictions.
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
- Home health care workers
44124412 Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations)