3223 Dental technologists, technicians and laboratory assistants
End of Quick search
Lead statementDental technologists and technicians design, prepare and fabricate dentures and dental devices as prescribed by dentists and other specialists. Dental laboratory assistants assist dental technologists and technicians in preparing and fabricating dentures and other dental devices. They are employed in dental laboratories. Dental technologists and technicians who are supervisors are included in this unit group.
- dental technologist
- orthodontic band maker
- denture finisher
- dental technician supervisor
- denture wax pattern former
- dental technician
- ceramic denture moulder
- dental laboratory assistant
- registered dental technologist
- registered dental technician
- Dental technologists and technicians are required to complete a college program in dental technology
or Four or more years of on-the-job training under the supervision of a registered dental technologist or technician.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required for dental technologists and technicians in all provinces except in Manitoba and the territories.
- Dental laboratory assistants usually require secondary school and up to two years of on-the-job training.
- Dental laboratory assistants may progress to dental technologist and technician positions with training, experience and registration.
- Dental assistants
- Dental hygienists and dental therapists