End of Quick search
Lead statementPhysiotherapists assess patients and plan and carry out individually designed treatment programs to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning and mobility, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients. Physiotherapists are employed in hospitals, clinics, industry, sports organizations, rehabilitation centres and extended care facilities, or they may work in private practice.
- physical therapist
- research physiotherapist
- registered physiotherapist
- physiotherapy clinical co-ordinator
- physical therapy clinical co-ordinator
- A university degree in physiotherapy and a period of supervised practical training are required.
- Physical rehabilitation therapists, who are only found in Quebec, require completion of a 3 year college program.
- A licence or registration with a regulatory body is required in all provinces and territories.
- Completion of a physiotherapist competency examination is required in all provinces and territories.
- Progression to management positions, such as director of physiotherapy, is possible through experience and additional training.
- In Quebec, physical rehabilitation therapists cannot provide a diagnosis.
- Directors of physiotherapy
03110311 Managers in health care)
- Physical rehabilitation technicians
32373237 Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment)