3125 Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes health professionals who diagnose and treat the diseases and injuries of patients and who are not elsewhere classified. This includes doctors of podiatric medicine, chiropodists and podiatrists, naturopaths, orthoptists and doctors of osteopathic medicine. They work in private practices, clinics and hospitals.
- naturopathic doctor (ND)
- doctor of osteopathic medicine
- osteopathic physician
- foot specialist
- doctor of podiatric medicine (D.P.M.)
- Chiropodist and podiatrist titles are used interchangeably in some provinces, although the title podiatrist is becoming more common. The use of the podiatrist job title does not necessarily refer to doctors of podiatric medicine (D.P.M.).
- Orthoptists often work as part of a medical team which includes ophthalmologists, opticians and other ophthalmic medical personnel.
- Orthoptists may also be trained as ophthalmic technicians or technologists.
- Doctors of osteopathic medicine may obtain a licence as general practitioners.
- General practitioners and family physicians
- Specialist physicians
- Osteopathic manual therapists
32323232 Practitioners of natural healing)