2283 Information systems testing technicians
End of Quick search
Lead statementInformation systems testing technicians execute test plans to evaluate the performance of software applications and information and telecommunications systems. They are employed in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.
- application testing technician
- systems testing technician
- application tester
- software testing technician
- software tester
- systems tester
- user acceptance tester
- software test co-ordinator
- Completion of a college program in computer science, computer programming or network administration is usually required.
- College or other courses in computer programming or network administration are usually required.
- Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.
- Progression to computer programming, interactive media development, Web development or systems analysis is possible with experience.
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- Computer network technicians
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- Information systems analysts and consultants
- Software engineers and designers
- User support technicians
- Web designers and developers