2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
End of Quick search
Lead statementIndustrial instrument technicians and mechanics repair, maintain, calibrate, adjust, and install industrial measuring and controlling instrumentation. They are employed by pulp and paper processing companies, nuclear and hydro power generating companies, mining, petrochemical and natural gas companies, industrial instrument and other manufacturing companies, and by industrial instrument servicing establishments.
- apprentice industrial instrument mechanic
- industrial instrument mechanic
- instrumentation technician, industrial
- instrument technician, industrial
- process control equipment mechanic
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a four- or five-year apprenticeship program in industrial instrument repair
or Completion of a two-year college program in industrial instrumentation technology and several years of work experience are usually required for trade certification.
- Instrumentation and control technician trade certification is available, but voluntary, in all provinces and territories, except in Quebec.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified instrumentation and control technicians upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
- The Red Seal endorsement allows for interprovincial mobility.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Aircraft instrument technicians
22442244 Aircraft instrument, electrical and avionics mechanics, technicians and inspectors)
- Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- Industrial mechanics
73117311 Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics)