2234 Construction estimators
End of Quick search
Lead statementConstruction estimators analyze costs of and prepare estimates on civil engineering, architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical construction projects. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and major electrical, mechanical and trade contractors, or they may be self-employed.
- chief estimator – construction
- cost estimator – construction
- construction estimator
- quantity surveyor – construction
- professional quantity surveyor
- principal estimator – construction
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a three-year college program in civil or construction engineering technology
or Several years of experience as a qualified tradesperson in a construction trade such as plumbing, carpentry or electrical, are required.
- Certification by the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors is usually required.
- Progression to more senior positions in this unit group, such as senior estimator or to construction management positions is possible with experience.
- Architectural technologists and technicians
- Civil engineering technologists and technicians
- Civil engineers
- Construction managers