2222 Agricultural and fish products inspectors
End of Quick search
Lead statementAgricultural and fish products inspectors inspect agricultural and fish products for conformity to prescribed production, storage and transportation standards. They are employed by government departments and agencies and by private sector food processing companies. Supervisors of agricultural and fish products inspectors are also included in this group.
- plant protection inspector
- poultry inspector
- livestock inspector
- agricultural products inspector
- crop certification inspector
- dairy products inspector
- fish products inspection supervisor
- fruit and vegetables inspector
- grain inspector
- meat inspector
- fish products inspector
- agricultural products inspection supervisor
- fish inspector
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Government inspectors usually require a bachelor's degree or college diploma in agriculture, biology, chemistry, food processing technology or a related discipline.
- Inspectors (other than government) may require a bachelor's degree or college diploma in a related discipline.
- Several years of experience in agricultural production or fish processing are usually required.
- Completion of in-house training courses is required.
- Progression to managerial positions in this field is possible with experience.
- Biological technologists and technicians
- Fish graders and meat graders who perform routine quality control duties or tally landed fish
94659465 Testers and graders, food and beverage processing)
- Forestry technologists and technicians
- Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety