2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
End of Quick search
Lead statementComputer programmers write, modify, integrate and test computer code for software applications, data processing applications, operating systems-level software and communications software. Interactive media developers write, modify, integrate and test computer code for Internet and mobile applications, computer-based training software, computer games, film, video and other interactive media. They are employed in computer software development firms, information technology consulting firms, and in information technology units throughout the private and public sectors.
- Web programmer
- application programmer
- computer programmer
- operating systems programmer
- programmer analyst
- scientific programmer
- electronic business (e-business) software developer
- systems programmer
- interactive media developer
- computer game developer
- multimedia developer
- software developer
- business application programmer
- software programmer
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component
or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
- Specialization in programming for engineering and scientific applications requires specific post-secondary study or experience.
- Progression to information systems analyst, software engineer or Web designer is possible with experience.
- Computer network technicians
- Database analysts and data administrators
- E-business managers
01240124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers)
- Graphic designers and illustrators
- Information systems analysts and consultants
- Information systems testing technicians
- Software engineers and designers
- Web designers and developers