2171 Information systems analysts and consultants
End of Quick search
Lead statementInformation systems analysts and consultants analyze and test systems requirements, develop and implement information systems development plans, policies and procedures, and provide advice on a wide range of information systems issues. They are employed in information technology consulting firms and in information technology units throughout the public and private sectors, or they may be self-employed.
- informatics security analyst
- systems security analyst
- systems auditor
- systems consultant
- information technology (IT) consultant
- information systems business analyst
- computer systems analyst
- management information systems (MIS) analyst
- informatics consultant
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
- Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
- Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.
- Computer and information systems managers
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- Database analysts and data administrators
- Financial auditors and accountants
- Professional occupations in business management consulting
- Software engineers and designers
- Web designers and developers