End of Quick search
Lead statementArchitects conceptualize, plan and develop designs for the construction and renovation of commercial, institutional and residential buildings. They are employed by architectural firms, private corporations and governments, or they may be self-employed.
- residential architect
- architectural standards specialist
- chief architect
- consulting architect
- industrial and commercial buildings architect
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited school of architecture
or Completion of the syllabus of studies from the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC) is required.
- A master's degree in architecture may be required.
- Completion of a three-year internship under the supervision of a registered architect is required.
- Completion of the architect registration examination is required.
- Registration with a provincial regulatory body is required in all provinces and the Northwest Territories.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification is offered by the Canada Green Building Council and may be required by some employers.
- Progression to senior positions, such as chief architect, is possible with experience.
- Architecture and science managers
- Database architects
21722172 Database analysts and data administrators)
- Landscape architects
- Naval architects
21482148 Other professional engineers, n.e.c.)
- Software architects
21732173 Software engineers and designers)
- Structural engineers
21312131 Civil engineers)
- Technical architects, hardware
21472147 Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers))