2146 Aerospace engineers
End of Quick search
Lead statementAerospace engineers research, design and develop aerospace vehicles, aerospace systems and their components, and perform duties related to their testing, evaluation, installation, operation and maintenance. They are employed by aircraft and spacecraft manufacturers, air transport carriers, and in government and educational and research institutions.
- aircraft design engineer
- aerodynamics engineer
- aeronautical engineer
- aerospace test engineer
- stress engineer – aerospace
- aerospace structural engineer
- aerospace systems engineer
- aerospace engineer
- A bachelor's degree in aerospace engineering or in a related engineering discipline, such as mechanical engineering or engineering physics, is required.
- A master's degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
- There is considerable mobility between aerospace engineering specializations at the less senior levels.
- Supervisory and senior positions in this unit group require experience.
- Aerospace engineers work closely with other scientists and engineers and mobility is possible between some fields of specialization.
- Engineers often work in a multidisciplinary environment and acquire knowledge and skills through work experience that may allow them to practise in associated areas of science, engineering, sales, marketing or management.
- Aircraft maintenance engineers (AME) – avionics
22442244 Aircraft instrument, electrical and avionics mechanics, technicians and inspectors)
- Aircraft maintenance engineers (AME)
73157315 Aircraft mechanics and aircraft inspectors)
- Avionics engineers
21332133 Electrical and electronics engineers)
- Engineering managers
- Mechanical engineers
- Metallurgical and materials engineers