2123 Agricultural representatives, consultants and specialists
End of Quick search
Lead statementAgricultural representatives, consultants and specialists provide assistance and advice to farmers on all aspects of farm management, cultivation, fertilization, harvesting, soil erosion and composition, disease prevention, nutrition, crop rotation and marketing. They are employed by businesses, institutions and governments that assist the farming community, or they may be self-employed.
- agricultural extension supervisor
- field service agent – agriculture
- consulting agrologist
- crop specialist
- farm management consultant
- agricultural soil and crop specialist
- professional agrologist (P.Ag.)
- agricultural representative
- agricultural consultant
- growers' advisor
- field service adviser – agriculture
- agricultural livestock specialist
- A bachelor's or master's degree in agriculture or in a related science is required.
- Membership or eligibility for membership in a provincial institute of agrology is usually required.
- In Quebec, membership in the Ordre professionnel des agronomes is mandatory.
- Progression to management positions is possible with experience.
- Agricultural engineers
21482148 Other professional engineers, n.e.c.)
- Agrology technologists and technicians
22212221 Biological technologists and technicians)
- Biologists and related scientists
- Landscape and horticulture technicians and specialists
- Managers of agricultural extension and consulting services
02120212 Architecture and science managers)
- Managers responsible for agricultural economic policy
04120412 Government managers - economic analysis, policy development and program administration)