1524 Purchasing and inventory control workers
End of Quick search
Lead statementPurchasing and inventory control workers process purchasing transactions and maintain inventories of materials, equipment and stock. They are employed by retail and wholesale establishments, manufacturing companies, government agencies and other establishments.
- procurement clerk
- purchasing clerk
- purchasing clerk assistant
- inventory control clerk
- inventory planner
- inventory clerk
- inventory analyst
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Courses in purchasing management may be required for purchasing clerks.
- Courses in production and inventory management and ability to operate a computerized inventory system may be required for inventory clerks.
- The duties of purchasing and inventory clerks may overlap in some establishments.
- Progression to supervisory positions or more senior occupations such as purchasing agent or retail buyer is possible with additional training or experience.
- Purchasing agents and officers
- Retail and wholesale buyers
- Storekeepers and partspersons
- Supervisors of purchasing and inventory clerks
12151215 Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations)