1522 Storekeepers and partspersons
End of Quick search
Lead statementStorekeepers and partspersons sort, store and issue parts and supplies for use by the establishment in which they work and for sale to the public. They are employed by manufacturing companies, warehouses, retail and wholesale establishments, mining, forestry and construction companies, repair shops, hospitals and other establishments.
- automotive partsperson – retail
- ammunition storekeeper
- material keeper
- medical supply clerk
- motor vehicle parts clerk
- tool room attendant
- parts supplier
- ship storeman/woman
- parts clerk
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program
or Completion of specialized training in high school and a one-year college program for partspersons may be required.
- Trade certification for partspersons is available, but voluntary, in all provinces and territories.
- Experience in a related clerical occupation, or as a warehouse worker, may be required for partspersons.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified partspersons upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
- The Red Seal endorsement allows for interprovincial mobility.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with additional training or experience.
- Parts clerks supervisors
12151215 Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations)
- Purchasing and inventory control workers
- Shippers and receivers