1521 Shippers and receivers
End of Quick search
Lead statementShippers and receivers ship, receive and record the movement of parts, supplies, materials, equipment and stock to and from an establishment. They are employed in the public sector and by retail and wholesale establishments, manufacturing companies, and other commercial and industrial establishments.
- shipping and receiving clerk
- import freight clerk
- freight receiver
- supply chain assistant
- shipping agent
- freight shipper
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Experience in a related clerical occupation or as a warehouse worker may be required.
- A forklift certificate may be required.
- A driver's licence may be required.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with additional training or experience.
- Material handlers
- Purchasing and inventory control workers
- Storekeepers and partspersons
- Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations
- Import and export clerk
14521452 Correspondence, publication and regulatory clerks)