1511 Mail, postal and related workers
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes workers who process and sort mail and parcels in post offices, mail processing plants and internal mail rooms, and clerks who serve customers and record transactions at sales counters and postal wickets. Mail, postal and related workers are employed by Canada Post Corporation, courier and parcel express companies and establishments throughout the public and private sectors.
- postal clerk
- mail clerk
- postal wicket clerk
- bus parcel express clerk
- express mail service clerk
- railway mail clerk
- postal counter clerk
- mail sorter
- mail room clerk
- Completion of secondary school and some college office administration courses may be required.
- Progression to supervisory or facility management positions is possible with additional training or experience.
- Couriers, messengers and door-to-door distributors
- Letter carriers
- Supervisors, mail and message distribution occupations