1423 Desktop publishing operators and related occupations
End of Quick search
Lead statementDesktop publishing operators use computers to enter copy into a typesetting system or operate typesetting output equipment to produce text that is ready to print. They are employed by firms that specialize in typesetting, commercial printing companies, publishing and printing companies and various establishments in the public and private sectors that have in-house printing departments.
- copy marker – typesetting
- desktop publishing (DTP) operator
- computer typesetter
- markup person
- input operator – typesetting
- photocomposition typesetter
- phototypesetter operator
- desktop compositor
- output operator – typesetting
- compositor – typesetting
- braille keyboard operator
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a college program in graphic arts, or other training in typography, computer typesetting or desktop publishing, is usually required.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible through experience.
- Graphic arts copy stylists and paste-up artists
52235223 Graphic arts technicians)
- Desktop publishing operator supervisors
12111211 Supervisors, general office and administrative support workers)
- Graphic designers and illustrators
- Pre-flight and file preparation operators
94729472 Camera, platemaking and other prepress occupations)
14521452 Correspondence, publication and regulatory clerks)