1254 Statistical officers and related research support occupations
End of Quick search
Lead statementStatistical officers and related research support occupations in this unit group provide statistical and research support services to a wide range of businesses and organizations. These workers conduct statistical routines, monitor trends, compile data and prepare charts, graphs, summaries and reports in support of organizational information needs and research activities. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors. Statistical officers who are also supervisors are included in this unit group.
- technical research assistant (except post-secondary)
- research support officer
- social research assistant (except university)
- research assistant – generalist (except university)
- statistical officer
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A college diploma or undergraduate degree in a social science, commerce, statistics or a related field is usually required.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience. Progression to professional occupations in statistics and research usually requires completion of a post-graduate degree.
- Data entry clerks
- Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries
- Policy and program researchers, consultants and officers
- Survey interviewers and statistical clerks