1226 Conference and event planners
End of Quick search
Lead statementConference and event planners plan, organize and co-ordinate conferences, conventions, meetings, seminars, exhibitions, trade shows, festivals and other events. They are employed by tourism associations, trade and professional associations, convention and conference centres, governments and by conference and event planning companies, or they may be self-employed.
- convention co-ordinator
- conference and meeting planner
- conference planner
- conference services officer
- trade show planner
- festival organizer
- meeting planner
- special events organizer
- event planner
- A university degree or college diploma in business, tourism or hospitality administration is usually required.
- Several years of experience in hospitality or tourism administration or in public relations are usually required and may substitute for formal education requirements.
- Certification relating to special events, meetings or conference management may be required.
- Administrative officers
- Executive assistants
- Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
- Sales and account representatives - wholesale trade (non-technical)