1225 Purchasing agents and officers
End of Quick search
Lead statementPurchasing agents and officers purchase general and specialized equipment, materials, land or access rights and business services for use or for further processing by their establishment. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
- contract management officer
- contracts officer
- procurement officer
- government supply officer
- purchasing agent
- material management officer
- furniture and furnishings purchaser
- energy asset surface land analyst
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economics is usually required.
- Purchasing agents and officers purchasing specialized materials or business services may require a related university degree or college diploma. For example, a bachelor's degree or college diploma in engineering may be required for purchasers of industrial products.
- A certificate in purchasing from the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) may be required.
- Previous experience as a purchasing clerk or as an administrative clerk may be required.
- Certification from the International Right of Way Association (IRWA) may be required.
- Progression to managerial positions is possible with experience.
- Purchasing and inventory control workers
- Purchasing managers
- Retail and wholesale buyers