1123 Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes specialists in advertising, marketing and public relations who analyse, develop and implement communication and promotion strategies and information programs, analyse advertising needs and develop appropriate advertising and marketing plans, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations, and for performers, athletes, writers and other talented individuals. They are employed by consulting firms, advertising agencies, corporations, associations, government, social agencies, museums, galleries, public interest groups, and cultural and other organizations, or they may be self-employed. Agents such as entertainment, literary and sports agents are included in this unit group.
- public relations officer
- advertising consultant
- communications specialist
- event marketing specialist
- media relations officer
- information officer
- public affairs officer
- publicity agent
- press secretary
- media co-ordinator
- public relations consultant
- performers agent
- communication officer (except emergency services)
- museum educator
- fundraising consultant
- literary agent
- information service co-ordinator
- information consultant
- A university degree or college diploma in business marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, museology or a discipline related to a particular subject matter is usually required.
- Practitioners in public relations may require an APR (Accredited in Public Relations) designation.
- Progression to managerial positions in public relations, communications and fundraising is possible with additional training and experience.
- Authors and writers
- Conference and event planners
- Marketing consultants
41634163 Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants)
- Public relations managers
01240124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers)