0911 Manufacturing managers
End of Quick search
Lead statementManufacturing managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a manufacturing establishment or of a production department within a manufacturing establishment, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by manufacturing companies.
- automobile production manager
- clothing factory manager
- dairy plant manager
- distillery manager
- factory superintendent
- foundry manager
- manufacturing manager
- operations manager, manufacturing
- plant manager, manufacturing
- printing plant manager
- production manager – manufacturing
- textile mill manager
- tire plant manager
- Manufacturing managers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a manufacturing establishment or the operations or production department of a manufacturing establishment
- Develop and implement plans to efficiently use materials, labour and equipment to meet production targets
- Plan and manage the establishment of departmental budget
- Develop production schedules and maintain an inventory of raw materials and finished products
- Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work
- Direct quality control inspection system and develop production reporting procedures
- Develop equipment maintenance schedules and recommend the replacement of machines
- Hire, supervise and train or oversee training of employees in the use of new equipment or production techniques.
- Completion of a college or university program in engineering or business administration is usually required.
- Five to ten years of supervisory experience in manufacturing are required.
- Progression to senior management positions is possible with experience.
- Facility operation and maintenance managers
- Managers in transportation
- Senior managers - construction, transportation, production and utilities
- Utilities managers