0811 Managers in natural resources production and fishing
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of establishments in forestry and logging, mining and quarrying, oil and gas drilling, production and servicing operations, and commercial fishing.
- director of mining
- shore captain – fishing
- mine manager
- quarry manager
- oil well servicing manager
- fishing operations manager
- forestry operations manager
- gas field operations manager
- drilling operations manager
- Forestry managers usually require a bachelor's degree in forestry science or forest engineering.
- Mining and quarrying managers usually require a bachelor's degree in mining engineering or earth sciences.
- Oil and gas managers usually require a bachelor's degree in geology, earth sciences or petroleum engineering.
- Several years of experience in a supervisory occupation in the particular industry are usually required and may substitute for formal education requirements.
- Progression to senior management positions in the respective industries is possible with experience.
- Contractors and supervisors, oil and gas drilling and services
- Directors of research in primary industry
02120212 Architecture and science managers)
- Fishing masters and officers
- Managers in agriculture
- Senior managers - construction, transportation, production and utilities
- Supervisors, logging and forestry
- Supervisors, mining and quarrying