0714 Facility operation and maintenance managers
End of Quick search
Lead statementFacility operation managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of commercial, transportation and recreational facilities and the included real estate. Facility operation managers are employed by a wide range of establishments, such as airports, harbours, canals, shopping centres, convention centres, warehouses and recreational facilities. Maintenance managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the maintenance department within commercial, industrial, institutional, recreational and other facilities. Maintenance managers are employed by a wide range of establishments, such as office buildings, shopping centres, airports, harbours, warehouses, grain terminals, universities, schools and sports facilities, and by the maintenance and mechanical engineering departments of manufacturing and other industrial establishments.
- recreation facility manager
- facilities maintenance head
- maintenance and service superintendent
- maintenance manager
- mechanical services superintendent
- shopping centre manager
- harbour master
- facility operations manager
- warehouse manager
- maintenance support services chief
- arena manager
- plant maintenance superintendent
- campus maintenance manager
- airport manager
- Facility operation managers require completion of a college or university program in business administration or in a discipline related to facility operation and maintenance
or An equivalent combination of technical training and experience in administration or maintenance.
- Maintenance managers require completion of a college or university program in electrical or mechanical engineering or in another discipline related to building maintenance
or An equivalent combination of technical training and experience in building maintenance.
- Several years of supervisory experience in facility operations or maintenance are usually required.
- Administrative services managers
- Building superintendents
67336733 Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents)
- Contractors and supervisors, mechanic trades
- Production operations managers
09110911 Manufacturing managers)
- Property administrators
- Transportation operations and freight traffic managers
07310731 Managers in transportation)