0711 Construction managers
End of Quick search
Lead statementConstruction managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a construction company or a construction department within a company, under the direction of a general manager or other senior manager. They are employed by residential, commercial and industrial construction companies and by construction departments of companies outside the construction industry.
- commercial construction manager
- construction manager
- construction superintendent
- general contractor
- housing construction manager
- industrial construction manager
- pipeline construction manager
- project manager, construction
- residential construction manager
- A university degree in civil engineering or a college diploma in construction technology is usually required.
- A master's degree in project management may be required.
- Several years of experience in the construction industry, including experience as a construction supervisor or field superintendent, are usually required.
- Extensive experience in the construction industry may substitute for post-secondary education requirements.
- Professional engineering status or construction trade certification may be required by some employers.
- Progression to senior management positions is possible with experience.
- Home building and renovation managers
- Senior managers - construction, transportation, production and utilities