0651 Managers in customer and personal services, n.e.c.
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes managers of establishments that provide services not elsewhere classified, such as dry cleaning, hairdressing or residential cleaning. This group also includes managers of schools that provide non-vocational instruction in driving, languages, music, dance, art, cooking or fashion.
- barber shop manager
- car wash manager
- cooking school manager
- driving school manager
- dry cleaning service manager
- hairdressing salon manager
- manager, residential cleaning service
- manager, septic tank service
- manager, window washing service
- pest control service manager
- spa manager
- Managers in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of an establishment providing services such as dry cleaning, hairdressing or residential cleaning, or a school providing non-vocational instruction in driving, languages, music, dance, art, cooking or fashion
- Establish or implement policies and procedures for staff
- Plan and control budget and inventory
- Respond to inquiries or complaints and resolve problems
- Manage contracts for advertising or marketing strategies
- Hire, train and supervise staff.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- A college diploma or vocational certificate in the subject of instruction may be required.
- One to three years of experience in the service being offered are usually required.
- Accommodation service managers
- Cleaning supervisors
- Executive housekeepers
- Other business services managers
- Retail and wholesale trade managers
- Retail sales supervisors