0631 Restaurant and food service managers
End of Quick search
Lead statementRestaurant and food service managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of restaurants, bars, cafeterias and other food and beverage services. They are employed in food and beverage service establishments, or they may be self-employed.
- assistant manager, restaurant
- banquet manager
- bar manager
- cafeteria manager
- catering service manager
- dining room manager
- food services manager
- hotel food and beverage service manager
- restaurant manager
- restaurateur – food services
- Completion of a college or other program related to hospitality or food and beverage service management is usually required.
- Several years of experience in the food service sector, including supervisory experience, are required.
- Responsible beverage service certification is usually required for managers of establishments serving alcoholic beverages.
- Progression to senior management in food service is possible with experience.
- Dietitians and nutritionists
- Executive chefs
- Food service supervisors
- Senior managers in food service
00150015 Senior managers - trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c.)