0621 Retail and wholesale trade managers
End of Quick search
Lead statementRetail and wholesale trade managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of establishments that sell merchandise or services on a retail or wholesale basis. Retail and wholesale trade managers are employed by retail and wholesale sales establishments or they may own and operate their own store.
- antique dealer
- assistant manager – retail
- automobile repair shop manager
- bookstore manager
- car dealership manager
- cattle dealer
- clothing store manager
- department store manager
- pleasure boat dealer
- sporting goods store manager
- store manager – retail
- supermarket manager
- variety store manager
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration or other field related to the product or service being sold may be required.
- Several years of related retail sales experience at increasing levels of responsibility are usually required.
- There is some mobility between managers in this unit group, depending on the product or service.
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers
- Restaurant and food service managers
- Retail sales supervisors