0513 Recreation, sports and fitness program and service directors
End of Quick search
Lead statementThis unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of comprehensive recreational, sports and fitness programs and services, national or provincial sports governing agencies and professional athletic teams. They are employed by municipalities, community and private recreational and fitness organizations, sports governing agencies and professional athletic team organizations.
- director of recreation
- professional football team manager
- professional hockey team manager
- professional track and field team manager
- sports administration director – government
- sports association director
- sports federation director
- sports program director
- YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association) programs director
- A university degree in recreology, physical education, sports administration or a related field
or A college diploma in recreation management or sports administration is usually required.
- Several years of experience in an occupation related to recreation and sports administration, consulting or programming are usually required.
- Some directors of recreation may be required to have a Municipal Recreation Director's Certificate.
- Executive directors of sports governing agencies may be required to have coaching certification in a particular sport.
- Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness
- Recreation, sports and fitness policy researchers, consultants and program officers
- Sports officials and referees